Life Lately!

  I felt like school could not get crazier but it has! The school work has just been a lot lately and mentally it has been hard to continue to keep pushing till the end of the semester. 


One of the cool things about being here at Ohio Northern is that I am able to take part and help out the Men’s Soccer team. I was originally recruited to play soccer here but some injuries decided that soccer was not for me anymore. I told the coaching staff that I would like to help out for the rest of my years here after I stopped playing my sophomore year. Well, the Men’s team is going to the NCAA tournament for the second year in a row. The boys will play Lynchburg college this upcoming Saturday at 3:30 pm. If they are able to win the first game then they will possibly match up against the number one team in the country, Messiah. If you are wanting to watch the game then tune in at 3:30! 


On the other hand, I have been swarmed with school work. I am in the thick of my senior project and we only have a month or so until I have to present that to all of the professors in the communications department. The project that I am doing involves how professional disc golfers deal with social media and the emergence and fandom of our sport. I have been struggling with getting some of the bigger names of our sport to help me out with filling out a survey that has some questions that I felt were gonna be crucial in my research study. I currently have nine and I was hoping that I could get anywhere from 10-15. But I am very grateful that I have some of these players that are helping me out. The fanboy side of me is going crazy having some of these players fill it out since I have looked up to half of them at the beginning of my career in disc golf. The hard thing about what I do is to not be such a fanboy and to know that I belong with all of these guys in the sport of disc golf and that they are actually just regular people and not these famous people on the course.


Comments

  1. I feel you, Nate. The course loads at the end of the semester are unreal. I feel like we don't get a chance to take a deep breath. Continue to persevere through the adversity and you will be alright.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts